Tuesday, December 20, 2016

26 BOOKS in 2017

The New Year is upon us and that means another NEW READING CHALLENGE!! I am overjoyed to be starting the THIRD year of this challenge and humbled to have so many of you join me on this adventure! Many of you have been here from the beginning and that means so much to  me. Others of you are newbies and that warms my heart too - that means somehow you learned of this challenge and have made the commitment to READ MORE! I am excited by the number of people participating...it just keeps growing and that means more book/reading inspiration for ALL OF US! 

I hope you enjoy the prompts I have chosen for 2017. Just like previous years, I have tried to choose ones that inspire you to read books you might not otherwise pick up, but will still work for anyone, no matter what genre you like to read. Again - I made the decision NOT to number the prompts! I am too OCD for that. If they were numbered, I would HAVE to go in order than that would just stress me out and slow me down! (#issues) 

I absolutely LOVE looking at the #26BOOKSwithBringingUpBurns hashtag on Instagram! There are literally THOUSANDS of posts. If is fun to see the books that pop up frequently (reading trends across the world) as well as spying new titles I have never heard of before. I also love jumping around each of your posts, reading your reviews and short synopses!  (Remember, if you don't have IG - you can always post your book choice on the Bringing Up Burns Facebook page, too) 

Finally, I just want to reiterate, like I do every year - this challenge is supposed to be FUN! At the end of each year, as the Challenge begins to wrap up, I see several comments from people saying they've "FAILED" this year - and I just have to say, I ADAMANTLY DISAGREE! The main goal is to get you reading more as well as maybe add few books to your repertoire outside your usual genre. So as long as you picked up more books than last year - or even just one book out of your comfort zone, then I say the challenge was a SUCCESS for you! Going into 2017 - even if you don't think 26 books is a manageable number for you to complete...or even if some of the prompts don't interest you - give it a go! Once you get started, you might surprise yourself. No amount of reading is ever a FAILURE in my book.

OK - HERE are 2017's prompts!




And here is a printable version you can add your book titles to and check off as you work through the Challenge! 
(Right Click and save. When you print, select "Scale to Fit")



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...