This being the third time around, I realize there are things about life with a newborn that you remember - and those that you forget.
- The exhaustion
- The pain that accompanies a c-section
- The awe, joy, and complete fulfillment I feel when looking at him
- Wanting the whole experience to speed up - and slow down - at the same time
- Always second guessing what I think he needs, or will do next
- The work it takes to get him on a routine - his days and nights are a little mixed up!
- How truly tiny they are at first - even when they come out weighing 9 lbs!
- How much time is spent nursing!
- How many times a day you change their diaper
- The adrenaline rush I get when his cry wakes me out of sleep
- How ANNOYING the sound of a breast pump is!
- How much I love seeing my husband take care of a baby
What I never experienced before:
- Taking care of a circumcised penis :)
- Getting peed on when I change his diaper
- Feeling guilty for not having more time and energy for the girls