Monday, May 12, 2008

Blue Ribbon Day

The trial starts today. The fate of the woman who took Candace's life rests in the hands of 12 ordinary citizens. I pray with all my heart that God filled those jury seats with a purpose. It hits me hard to realize that this little inanimate object, one that fits so nice and neat in the palm of my hand, can represent so many different things.


LIFE
Candace's, cut short, taken away

NEED
for a speedy trial, for justice, for retribution

HOPE
for closure, for peace, for satisfaction

LOVE
for a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a teacher

ANGER
at lack of remorse, at irresponsibility, at stupidity

GRIEF
for years that should be spent with and not without, her mother's - one that never wanes

MEMORIES
"Kansas, Googs, Ween..." honesty, humility, and infectious sillyness

2 comments:

LACY said...

Wow, how sad. Also what a nice mothers day post.

Jean Marie Bibby said...

Dearest Erin,
As I read your words I feel the sadness you are feeling. I hope that you will share the story with me sometime.

Love from Indiana,
Jean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...