Friday, September 12, 2008

It's Sprinkle Time!

Last Sunday, my girlfriend Stephanie and I hosted a Baby Sprinkle for Joanna. Baby Audrey is due to make her debut ANY DAY! It was such a fun and special afternoon. There were 8 of us, all of whom have been friends since high school, and still live close. With so much up in the air for Joanna lately, it was nice to have a few hours to sit and enjoy each other's company and focus on HER, the baby, and all that is GOOD. There is no one I would like to shower my love on more than Jo. And she is so deserving. Here are some pics of our fun.

The Mom to Be and Friends
(L to R) Danielle and Rowan, Stephanie, ME, Ali, Joanna, and Nikki

This is a bassinet that has been in my family for years. One baby who slept in it just graduated from high school! My mom made the pink Hawaiian bedding when Megan was born. I am so excited to have Little Miss Audrey use it as her bed for the first few months! It also made a great place to stash the gifts the day of the party.


Each person's place setting - the day took on a Pink and Brown theme

Flannel "diapers" that I filled with peanuts and pink (bubblegum) and brown (root beer) Jelly Bellys
Remember the Owning my own Bakery Dream....these are butter cookies I made as favors.

And this is the cake I made. It was Lemon with Lemon creme filling inside. Lemon Buttercream is under the fondant "barrel" and makes up all those bubbles! I was happy with how it turned out. And it tasted good too!
I love you Joanna! Can't wait to meet the newest addition to the Lauer family. I am so excited for Whit to have a sister!

5 comments:

Jean Marie Bibby said...

Erin-
Love the cake! How did you do the bubbles? You are so talented!

Joanna said...

Beautiful day. Beautiful hostess. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Britty said...

Erin, as always, your party planning and execution is impecible. why am i so far away? looks like a fab party. i can't wait for little Audrey to FINALLY arrive!

Aubs said...

I love the cake.....you are amazing!! What a special day it looks like your sprinkle turned out to be!!

And what an awesome post about your new computer! So happy for you!

Bren's Blog said...

Erin, I love your creativity! How do you seriously find the time to do all this w/ 3 kids? I find it hard to find time to make dinner!! You guys have all been friends for so long, everyone looks great! Congrats Joanna on your new little one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...