Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Metro-Macho Munchie

Wyatt has discovered that he can take off his own diaper. Even when he has shorts or pants on...he sits down and scrambles out of them and then rips off his diaper. I think I must put a new one on him 10 times a day. He LOVES being naked right now!

By the end of yesterday afternoon, I had given up. I let him run around naked for over an hour while I folded laundry and packed for our trip. Rising to the occasion and trying to be just as silly as he was being, I shot a pair of the girls panties in his direction and hollered, "Hey Naked Ninja! You need to put some panties on!"

I wasn't sure if he would do it. He's never worn underpants before or even a Pull-Up. To my surprise, he sat right down and pulled them on. He was so proud of himself! He ran around the house looking for his sisters shouting "Gurls! Gurls! Yook, I got panties!!" The girls of course, dropped to the floor in a giggling hysteria - which made him dance and prance around even more.

I turned around and went back to folding laundry...contemplating the fact that it was time to start calling "panties" UNDERPANTS in our house. And maybe even purchase a package or two of truck or train or Super Hero ones. While I'm all for Metro-sexualism and men embracing their feminine side - somehow pink and purple High School Musical panties on my son did not sit well with me!

Apparently the Metro panties did not sit well with Wyatt either. Because a few minutes later, he came out of Matt and my bedroom with the wildest grin on his face. I took one look at him and DIED! He had gone into our closet and gotten Matt's cup from his jockstrap and put it in the panties!

"If you're gonna make me wear HSM panties Mom, I'm gonna have to MACHO them up!"


I know I say this over and over...but,
I FREAKIN' LOVE THIS KID!

We are presently on an airplane to Chi-Town! I didn't sleep a wink last night I was so excited. Literally. I packed and wrapped up loose ends until 4AM...then ran, showered and got the rest of the family up at 5:30! I'll probably be a wreck later today...or maybe not. I can't wait to see my sister and get this party started! I can't wait to stand beside her as she becomes Mrs. Paul Suberlak. I'm gonna try and do a few mobile posts from my phone...and I'll be tweeting pics of all the festivities...so check back, and go follow me on Twitter if you want to tag along on our celebration! "Goin' To the Chapel..."

11 comments:

LauraC said...

That is one of the funniest things I Have seen in a long long time!

Enjoy your trip!!!! You know I'll be following along!

Jacylann Nix said...

HOW FUNNY! hes a cutie! have a great trip!

Sharon Scarpa said...

I freaking love this kid too! Can't wait to meet him!!! Have an amazing trip and enjoy this time with your family! We'll be watching...

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is just too funny!! I think him and Elle would be trouble together :-)

Have a fab trip!!!!

LACY said...

I LOVE that pic! So funny! Sorry we didn't get a chance to hang with you guys when we got to Cali.
Have fun on your trip!!

Love said...

this is the BEST!!!! hilarious.

your kids rule.

Liz Laubach said...

That Wyatt!!!!!!! Too Funny!

Unknown said...

Thanks for allowing me to peep in and get a good giggle! Needed one today...thanks Wyatt! I don't have any biological kids of my own....just 2 wonderful stepkids, 1 20 year old girl - Heather, and my red headed step child 15 - Brandon. Brandon keeps me young and on the move, but oh they are so precious when they are young like yours. Enjoy your trip! Will keep peeping in and giggling. Hugs & Blessings to you and yours!

Joanna said...

OMG. I just laughed out loud in class! Two people looked at me.

Avery's mom said...

That is just hilarious!!! My kind of kid! :o)

Jules said...

dying at the cuteness and his silly smile. love it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...