Thursday, October 29, 2009

Last Minute



So it took me until yesterday to get this made. I've had the materials for about 3 weeks just staring at me...and a sad, empty, very UNFESTIVE front door! Better late than never, I always say. At least it can rock our front door for the next 72 hours.

I was finally able to make it, because my sweet husband got home early from practice and took ALL THREE KIDS to see "Where The Wild Things Are," while I stayed home and sewed. Glorious! Every girl needs a Matt Burns. He's dreamy and divine and oh so awesomely sweet to his wife!

Tonight is a football game, and then home to finish sewing Wendy Darling. It's coming together quite nicely. I'm hoping "Stinker Butt" er....I mean, Megan, will actually want to wear it tomorrow to school. Her Kindergarten class has "Literacy Character Day." Which means you get to wear a costume to school, but only if you are a character out of a book. I was so glad that who she wanted to be for Halloween was already a literary character! This Momma can't handle 2 costumes for the same kid right now. (And you know I woulda tried!)

If you have a Haute Tots order coming to you, everything should ship by early next week. I got a little behind this past week with the exciting decision to move...and making 3 Halloween costumes. So I apologize. Thanks for your patience!

More exciting news...KATE and PAUL are in town! They flew in last night and are here through the weekend. We are all SO excited to see them and celebrate Halloween together. Every year it's a toss up for me. I can't decide which I like better...Halloween or Christmas...right now, of course, I LOVE HALLOWEEN! The candy, the funky colors, the Jack o Lanterns! You wont want to miss mine. Anyone (not already privy to inside info) want to take a gander at what/who I am going to carve into my pumpkin?! Let's see how well you know me....

5 comments:

Polka Dot Moon said...

hmmmm.........does he "dazzle" you at all?

Jules said...

just promise that you won't make out with the pumpkin or snuggle it. because that would be really messy and weird!

Happy Hodge Podge said...

i'm guessing edward cullen...???

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Love it!!! And I can't wait to see your pumpkin : ) : ) (but I'm with Julie....)

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Hi there!
I just popped over to your blog from Joy's Hope ... hello adorable dress!!

And I knew I had to comment when I saw that you had a Niki Mini ... me too ... although she's looking a bit lazy right now due to tendinitis in my ankle :( ... AND I saw you were sewing a long with the Red Barn Quilt Along ... again me too, but I have yet to piece my top. My squares are all cut and waiting. That is first on my list in December when I stop creating for my Etsy shop and just enjoy creating for me and my loved ones.

Anywho, I'm going to have fun looking around!

Happy Day!
-Andrea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...