Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Focus

Project 320 has a new focus.


After the Project's overwhelming success around the holidays, the 6 of us didn't just want it to fade away. We didn't want the dream and motivation behind P320 to be forgotten or put on a {virtual} shelf. All of us have been in conversation and prayer. Asking each other and the Lord for a new direction for our efforts, our time, our energy, our respective talents.

Then the earthquake in Haiti happened one week ago. While we weren't expecting, or hoping, for this kind of answer to our prayers, we knew the Lord had given us a reason to ACT.

If you are a reader of blogs, you know, the outpouring of Hope for Haiti has been enormous! Giveaways, fundraisers, donations, and call for aid are all over the blogosphere. Every other tweet I read is a way to text my support. What a blessing social networking has become in a time of need. Keeping this in mind, the girls of Project 320 and I humbly ask you, one more time, FOR YOUR TIME.

Please take 5 minutes to jump on over to our P320 Blog and read about our friend Kristen, her son in Haiti, and how we can all help children like Kembert get to their forever home faster! Grab the tissues before playing the video. Go ahead, cry. Let those tears move you to DO SOMETHING!

Today I am vividly reminded how blessed I am.
I am thankful for my 3 beautiful, healthy children. I am thankful that I only have to leave them when I want to. I am thankful that when I do leave them, I never fear for their safety or treatment. I am thankful that I tuck them in at night, under a solid roof, in a warm bed, smothered in kisses and prayer.

EVERY child deserves this.

So does every Mother.
 I am praying you home Kembert.
Continually until it is so.
LOVE. 


(I am also thankful for all of you and your support of the "causes" the Lord places on my heart.
God Bless you!)

1 comment:

Heather | Cookie Mondays said...

awesome, awesome, awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...