Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Lovin'

If you've read Bringing Up Burns for awhile, you know I write Birthday Letters to the important people in my life. Last year's letter to Megan is one I re-read often. She really is my gift. Her SPIRIT grounds me. Without it, I'd second...third...and fourth guess myself as a mother on a daily basis. It's no mistake she came first. It's no fluke she's often the one teaching me. Here is my most recent example...

I bought the girls wipe off white boards at Staples today. I've been practicing the Upper and Lower case alphabet with Molly, getting ready for Kindergarten. When Megan is reading books, she likes to write down words she doesn't know, and then brings it to me for deciphering. She is also BIG into learning to write in cursive. So far, I've shown her everyone's name in our family...and she's almost got it mastered!
 
Tonight as I was tucking the girls into bed, I found Megan's white board at the end of her bed. This is what it said...
 
*SIGH* 
 
Remember those days when I felt like THIS, and THIS, and THIS???

Well...it's little things like Megan's white board that help me realize that
  1. LIFE IS GOOD
  2. I AM BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE
  3. I AM DOING SOMETHING RIGHT
  4. NOT TO SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF
  5. GOD GAVE ME THIS CHILD FOR A REASON
I challenge you today to find bliss and happiness in the totally obvious and simple. The thing that is right in front of your face. The thing that, normally, you take for granted. The thing that, especially, you shouldn't. Experience the peace that comes from striking out and knowing that messing up is exactly what you were meant to do.

I Love You  MJ...more than you could ever know.

4 comments:

JuliaVP said...

Yup... that girl is a blessing! I read your birthday letter to her. I hope that when I become I mom, I have it half as figured out as you do!

PS- Thanks for your comment on my blog. You (and what you write since I've never met you) encourage me daily!

Amy said...

Isn't it funny how it works? There's a reason my oldest is my oldest, as well, and she, too, keeps me grounded and on track. It all happens for a reason!
http://amysreallife.wordpress.com

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

too sweet!!

Mariah said...

tears.
such an awesome reminder...
sooo what I needed to hear today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...