Thursday, June 09, 2011

Book Page Addiction


I love to read. When I'm really on a roll, I can go through a couple books a week. A few months back, I joined PaperBackSwap.com. Both to save me some money, and to make some room on my bookshelves. It's fabulous! I can't say enough good things about it. If you love to read too, you should check it out.

Even with all the books I've been able to swap, there have been a few I've kept and turned their pages into handmade happiness. Remember my Book Page Wreath?  One of my all time favorite things I have made.

I also made a few of these book page roses to top the kids' teacher gifts.

I found this tutorial for book page nailpolish on Pinterest.
I think I am going to have to try it!

The girls and I have been creating a special place for reading in their room. I want to make letters like these that spell NOOK and put them on the wall.


Tonight is my book club and I get to pick our next book!
I'm still debating amongst three titles...
The Girl In the Italian Bakery
Whistling in the Dark
The Book of Bright Ideas

Who wants to help me pick!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

All of the books sound wonderful, but I think The Book of Bright Ideas would be my pick! Love all of the book page ideas, I might have to try the rosettes for teachers too!

Marta @ Haus of Girls said...

Whistling in the Dark!!!
PS LOVE the idea to spell out Nook!
So adorable.

Amy said...

We're moving and my daughters room has a natural nook in it and she wants to make it her reading corner. I LOVE the idea of making a book page "nook" or maybe even spelling her name with book pages. Either way, such a creative idea! Thanks for sharing!
http://amysreallife.wordpress.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...