Friday, September 09, 2011

Why I make cheesecakes...

Last night marked the first football game of the season.
Last night also marked the hundred and sixty seventh cheesecake I've made on game day. This picture pretty much sums up why...


Even tho the mere thought of "breaking tradition" makes my superstitious coach of a husband break into hives....I've decided to try a new cheesecake flavor each game day this season. (That was my plan last year, but I didn't follow through.) And after baking the same recipe 160+ times, this girl needs some variety to keep at it!

This week I made my tried and true recipe. (The one that started it all 12 years ago) But I know I have a minimum of 9 weeks more. I'm thinking lemon, key lime, salted caramel, pumpkin, chocolate peanut butter, and berry. That leaves me 3 short.

Know of any good cheesecake recipes?

Thinking of trying a carrot cake version, maybe a cookie dough version...
If...um, I mean when we make it into the playoffs, I'm really gonna need some inspiration!

Megan and Molly are ready for Football too! They attended Jr Cheer Camp this summer and I have been hearing them sing-song "We are the Sailors! The mighty, mighty Sailors!" ever since. They had a blast and will get to put their expertise to work at a game later in the season. They can't wait! 





Our neighbor and the girls' best friend!
These three are attached at the hip and do almost everything together.


(PS - anyone notice MOLLY HAS HER PURSE in these last two pics?? If you've been a long time reader of this blog, this should make you laugh! If not, click the link. It's good to know some things never change!)

3 comments:

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

I love this post so very much! Go Tars, or Sailors, or whatever we are calling Newport Harbor this year!!! And mmmmm cheesecake!

TDM Wendy said...

I love you and your family and your football and your cheesecakes. You need to get your butt up to Nor Cal soon.

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Oh my gosh, your cheerleading girls are so cute!! and now I want cheesecake....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...