Monday, September 17, 2012

Sneaky Menu Plan Monday

I had a craving for roasted tomatoes last week. So I made a whole tray. And made 1. ONE. Uno. sandwich with them. No one else eats them plain like me. So....this week I'm blending up the rest of the batch and turning it into lasagna. They'll never know!


shhhhhh
Don't tell them.

Another secret sneak I like to do...use a package of frozen chopped spinach in my lasagna layers. The kids balk at first...but eat it anyway since it's smothered in noodles and cheese! Try it. 

Here's what will be on our table this week:

Monday - Dinosaur chicken nuggets and mac n cheese (I'd like to say I'm regrouping from being out of town... but really, Matt went to MNF and the kids like this dinner than most anything else I make, so be it. I indulged in blogs, cheese and chardonnay.)
Tuesday - 'Sneaky' Lasagna and green salad
Wednesday - Orange peel chicken, steamed rice and veggie pot stickers
Thursday - White chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice and pinto beans
Friday - M&M cheer at tonight's football game! We're tailgating with friends who girls also went to cheer camp this summer. I'm making a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake for the coaches. I hope to blog the recipe on Friday.

Saturday I'm hosting a Sip N 'Sea' for one of my best friends. She also happens to be my next door neighbor. She had her fourth baby girl 3 weeks ago and I am so happy to celebrate this new life and my fabulous girlfriend. I'm doing a Nautical theme and serving brunch ala doctored up donuts (think creme brûlée and maple bacon) and a mimosa bar! I'll share all the details next week.

**The Orange peel chicken and veggie pot stickers are frozen from Trader Joe's and are a STAPLE in this house! Everyone loves them. I doctor up the chicken by adding finely chopped green onions and some shelled edamame to the mix before plating it over the rice.**

Does Steve Carell make your life like he does mine?
Crazy Stupid Love.
Despicable Me.
Date Night.
The Office..really not even needed to be mentioned, cause it's like the Bible.
The. Man. Is. Hilarious. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...