Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Did you know the Milkman still exists?

Chances are, you've never seen him. In fact, you may think he's no more than a quaint myth from a simpler time. But the truth is, the good, old-fashioned milkman still exists! He works through the wee hours of the morning, delivering farm-fresh dairy products on doorsteps all over town. I discovered this little known fact when the other night, a nice man came knocking at our door asking if we wanted a "Milkman?" Matt had been the one who answered the door as I was cooking dinner. I overheard them talking and thought to myself - "I better go check this guy out. He's on drugs or trying to sell something other than milk. This is not the 1950's. There's no such thing as a Milkman anymore!" I came to find out, there is still such a thing as a Milkman in 2007! Alta Dena has been delivering tasty, healthy foods to Southern California homes for over 50 years - and now once a week, delivers organic milk, butter, eggs and a loaf of wheat bread to my front door. If I want, I can choose to add cheese, yogurt, juice, even ice cream...I love it! It cuts down my trips to the grocery store each week and keeps me from having to make a quick trip to Circle K at 7PM when I discover we are out of milk and the girls are ready for bed. Megan and Molly also love to open the front door in the morning to find our delivery. It's like the Easter Bunny came or something. They help me carry it inside and we put it all away. It has become a fun routine. So - for all my girlfriends who are busy mom's like me, if you think this little luxury might simplify your life, call Alta Dena Home Delivery at 1-800-645-5123 ext. 307 for more information!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Do you work for them now??

Joanna said...

Do they have a website? Can you choose what you want them to bring each week? What do you pay for delivery??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...