Thursday, April 19, 2007

Pregnancy Nutrition

Every morning the girls and I take our vitamins - a gummy Winnie the Pooh vitamin for them - and Citracal prenatal the size of a horse pill for me. Today Megan asked me why I take vitamins too. I told her it was to help the baby grow big and strong. Megan was then full of questions about how the vitamin got to the baby in my tummy. In a rudimentary way, I tried to explain to them that what I eat goes into my tummy and thru the umbilical cord to the baby. I then showed them their belly buttons and explained that when they were in my tummy, that's where they got food from me. They seemed to accept my explanation and we went about our breakfast.
About and hour later we were playing in their room with the kitchen and plastic food. Megan said she wanted to play doctor and that she was going to check on my baby. So, I laid down on the floor and she got out her play shot, stethoscope and thermometer and went about her business. Molly comes over with a plate of plastic food - pulls up my shirt and started shoving it into my belly button, saying "Baby! Baby!" I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...