Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday Gumbo


#1 - HAPPIEST 2nd BIRTHDAY NATE! HAPPIEST 2nd BIRTHDAY ALEX!! You are two very special two year olds. May this next year be better than the last. I wish that you two continue to grow in your friendship with each other - and that this 3rd year of life (or lives, I guess I should say!) continues to get easier and easier on your Mommy and Daddy. When you grow up, remember to thank them for all the love, thought, and hard work they put into being your parents. Always be your best you and you will not fail. Lots of Birthday Love and Hugs are sent your way today!!
#2 - To everyone - near and far, tangible and virtual - who has been there helping me get through this week, I want to say THANK YOU!! With Matt away, Candace's trial, and my Mom's surgery all happening at the same time - it has been a week full of emotions, long days, and late nights. Thank you for all the prayers, all the support, all the help with my kids. Thank you for your love, your friendship, and your reassurance that the world is good.

#3 - Okay, I know I am a day and dollar short on this one - but I was SO pulling for Whitney to win Next Top Model....and SHE DID! The entire season she's been called a "Plus Size model" but I am sorry - she looks more like a "Normal Size model" to me. Whatever...a 2 or a 12 - I always thought she was the prettiest of the bunch. Maybe it's because I got boobs when I was in the 4th grade, maybe it's because I have cheeks that could shame any squirrel, maybe it's because most everyone I know (except myself) has a shoe size bigger than their jean size....whatever the reason... I have always preferred curves over bones. My favorite quote of Whitney's from this season: "I've never met a potato I didn't like." My favorite quote of Tyra's from this season: "Whitney is not BIG...this is the modeling industry! Walking down the street Whitney is just a HOT CHICK!" My favorite quote in general from this season: "Whitney, for what it's worth...you are the first JUICY BOOTY to make it to the finals!" I just might go and buy something CoverGirl tomorrow!

#4 - Our "photo shoot" yesterday with Tonya pretty much ROCKED! Other than the fact that we weren't ready when she showed up (I did my best...but getting three kids {and myself} ready for REAL pictures {all by myself} was pretty much a joke) and the fact that Wyatt was ready for his nap about 15 minutes BEFORE we started shooting...everything went off without a hitch. I have wanted to do this for so long and have put it off for many reasons - wait to lose weight, wait to be tan, wait till we have the money to spare, wait, wait, wait. But there is no time like the present. And I know, in the long run, I will be so happy we have these pictures. Heavy, white, and broke - they will be beautiful and document this time in history. Which when you get down to what really matters, is a really good, happy time. So I am so glad I went for it. Thank You Tonya for taking time away from your precious three, and making our morning easy and FUN!

#5 - Okay...WHAT??!! Did you know that the most popular ZIP code on television is coming back?! That's right....'90210'!! The CW is developing a contemporary spinoff of the 1990 teen soap and I couldn't be more excited. Pathetic I know, but I can't help but remember making the hour long drive from Pepperdine to watch the original series with high school girlfriends on Wednesday nights. The (new) West Beverly High gang will pose and frolic in a modern-day Beverly Hills. Shooting hasn't begun, but the cast includes: a bunch of no-names I have never heard of AND alumnae Jennie Garth!! CW has fast tracked this series to premier next Fall. Exactly what do I expect from the cast when I hear "Da na na na. Chhh. Chhh. Da na na na??!!" Fun. Sex. Intrigue!


#6 - "Find arms that will hold you at your weakest, eyes that will see you at your ugliest, and a heart that will love you at your worst. Do this, and you will have found true love."

Today is day #4 without Matthew. The longest we have been away from each other in over 10 years. Aubs - you are probably laughing at me right now! I know I really have nothing to complain about. But I do miss this man. While I wouldn't say I take him for granted...I definitely APPRECIATE him double time when I lug our two stinky trash cans to and from the curb. When I do dinner, bath, books and bed (and just real quick, nurse a baby in between) all by myself, I also appreciate this man. When I go to bed by myself, and the sheets are cold, and the house is just a little too quiet, I appreciate this man. And above all else - when I have to pick up the dog poop before the kids can play in the yard - I SO APPRECIATE THIS MAN!!

Matthew, I know you are having the time of your life. And I love that - but after all this time with you by my side...I find at the end of the day, without you to share it all with - it is hard to be ME....alone. Aloe Vera forever.

1 comment:

Aubs said...

Ha! I love that you mentioned me!! =) I am most definatly not laughing at you....whether it is 4 days or 4 months it is HARD! And with all that you have on your plate right now I am praying for you....not laughing for sure! But i did smile...and thank you for that!!

So glad that your photo shoot went well! I am feeling alot of the i want to lose weight, get tan, yada yada...i need to follow your lead and just go for it!

Hope you have a great week!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...