Monday, April 27, 2009

Silver Lining

Shannon over at Rocks in My Dryer recently wrote a heartfelt post about the "noise" blogs and the online world create in the lives of busy women everywhere. It resonated with me and made me defensive at the same time. That's very much my personality! I do understand, and even agree to a point. But I also know the outlet, friendships, and education that this little space on the web allows me. And I've witnessed countless blessings bestowed on me and others through blogs. So I type on. Selfishly maybe.

But, today at least, with purpose!

If Silence is Golden, then Compassion Bloggers is is the Silver Lining...Something that I think is exactly RIGHT in the blogosphere. If I didn't have 3 little munchies who needed me non-stop, I would so apply to be on the next trip. Maybe I still will. It's a whole year away! Right now 5 Bloggers are in Calcutta, India live- blogging about their experiences. You can CLICK HERE to follow their posts. Reading them, my warm, full-bellied clothed American self is educated, saddened, and empowered all at the same time.

Yes, the hustle and bustle of the blog world can be deafening at times, and the time-suck crippling...I believe this extra trip to be worth it.

Now I'm off to add more noise about CI by Tweeting and Facebook-ing. No wonder my Indian Maiden name as a child was "Babbling Brook," I've never been one to keep quiet!

{LOVE - check out the posts from their 2008 Trip to Uganda!}

1 comment:

LauraC said...

What blogger doesn't have these moments where we contemplate why we blog?? I think keeping a clear purpose in mind helps me. My blog is a daily record of life with my boys. I want to remember something about each day. That's why I don't try to make my blog bigger than it is. It's just my little space so that I always remember these years.

I'm hestitant on twitter still. I'm not quite sure if I want to be on it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...