Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Welcome to The Real OC

Four of Katherine's girlfriends from college flew in on Friday for the Bridal Weekend festivities. They came from all over - Missouri, Texas, Michigan, and New York - so I wanted to do something special, something quintessentially "Newport" to welcome them to California and thank them for making the trip. That night, I took them out on an electric Duffy Boat for a cruise around Newport Bay.


I decorated the boat with a "beachy" theme and gave each girl a sand bucket full of California essentials: a gossip magazine, bottle of Corona, sunscreen, lip balm, flip flops, squirt gun, bubbles, seashell soap, Ring Pop and flower lei. I wrote a little "Thank You" on the back of a Newport Beach post card and tucked it inside.


My brother Andy was our knowledgeable captain as we took in the sights and enjoyed yummy appetizers. I was hoping for a gorgeous sunset, but it was a little too overcast.


I really enjoyed getting to know these girls better, as I have heard so much about them from Katherine. It was especially fun for me to finally meet Brooke, my Laptop Fairy! She rocks in real life even more so than in the blogosphere.

Katherine, Rachael, Julianne

Jane, Brooke, Me

After sunset we docked at the Cannery and went upstairs to the bar. Just so happens that the cute bartender on duty Friday nights is our "baby" brother Charlie!

He took good care of us and the night ended up being a family affair when he was able to get off early and hang out on this side of the bar with us. (Mom - this pic framed is your late Mother's Day present!)Kate and the girls stayed out partying late into the evening, but around 10 I called it quits to go home and make scones and frost diamond ring cookies...Saturday's Tea Party was fast approaching and I was seriously going MAD!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boat ride may be my favorite memory :) then again each event is kind of tied since they were so unique!

Unknown said...

Wow what a small world this seems to be getting. I am the Bert Bell on Ted Meek's blog. I have been following Brooke's blog when Ted told me about her having twins and have been peeping in on the angels on a regular basis. So glad to have met your family via this blog. Hope Meagan's foot has healed well! God Bless!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

What a beautiful group!

Looks like a great time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...