Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sprung

Spring has Sprung at Bringing Up Burns.
The kids and I planted all these yesterday.


Planting is one of the many reasons I love March. It never ceases to amaze me what a few hours of skin in the sun, fingers in the dirt, sweat running down my back will do for me.

For me, working in my garden is cathartic and theraputic. I love thinking about where the seeds should go and envisioning their final effect. It's also stinky and back breaking, digging all that compost and maneuer into the hard winter soil. But that's kinda the point. The work that goes into their birth makes the blooms all that more beautiful.

It's the thinking about those beautiful blooms I really love. Because it makes me look to the future. Reminds me there are more sunny, warm, colorful, LIFE-full days ahead. For me, working in my garden is HOPEFUL. It's like Spring has Sprung in my spirit and it feels good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...