Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Every Day's A Hooley!


Took Megan to school this morning. She was decked out in green from head to toe. Me...not so much. After my run this morning, I barely made it out of the shower and into some jean cutoffs in time to get her there. So finding my green wasn't at the top of my list right then.

Um...IT IS NOW! I think I was pinched 900 times in a matter of 3 minutes. Apparently being named after the Emerald Isle and having a GREEN shamrock tattooed to your body does not make you pinch exempt. Especially to Kindergartners! Wardrobe change commencing now...before preschool drop-off!

By days end we will have enjoyed Corned Beef & Cabbage, Colcannon (my absolute fave), roast carrots and parsnips, soda bread and Rhubarb Pie. Oh yes, and some Smithwicks and Red Breast. Can't forget the important stuff! I hope your St. Patty's day is full of rowdy, loud happiness and good whiskey. Afterall, that's the Irish way. And "every day's a Hooley, when there's supper on the table!"

(Is this the CUTEST Green Munchie you've ever seen? Thanks to his tie tee from Julie, he is one very fashionable LAD today!) 


1 comment:

Love said...

oh, they LOVE to pinch!

and i was going to use a different Irish blessing in my post today (something about where your feet take you) but i love this one so much. i don't even care that the other matches my picture so much better.

so anyway, thanks for this. i love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...