Saturday, April 24, 2010

Baked Dijon Chicken

At the restaurant I used to manage, one of my favorite things on the menu is the Chicken Dijon. It's a breaded chicken breast that's covered in a Dijon cream sauce and served with mashed potatoes. YUM! So good...but I can't eat like that all the time. This is the recipe I came up with to try and recreate some of those flavors with out all the calories and fat in the cream sauce. It's definitley not the same...but it satisfies my cravings when I don't want to splurge! 



makes 4 servings

Ingredients
Nonstick cooking spray
1/4 cup non-fat milk
3 to 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 egg
1/4 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 cup Italian, dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup  Parmesan Cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Spray large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
Mix milk, mustard, egg, and crushed garlic together in a medium size bowl.

Mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese together on a dinner plate or pie tin

Pat chicken breasts dry on a paper towel.
One by one, dredge chicken breasts in the dijon mixture first followed by the bread crumb mixture.

Place breaded chicken into baking dish.
Once all breasts are coated, bake for 25-30 minutes.
(like my one non-breaded breast for my picky MJ who doesn't like dijon?!)

Serve with roasted potatoes and a vegetable and ENJOY!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...