Monday, May 10, 2010

Glass Slipper Girlie Fun

Saturday when I was getting ready for the Glass Slipper Gala, I tweeted something like "It's nights like these that make me love being a girl." And included this picture.


So true!
There is something about getting dressed up, with glossy nails and lips, coiffed hair, high heels, a new dress, jewelry....
Formal is so much more fun for girls than boys.
This is the bib necklace I made to go with my Haute Blue dress.
I was happy with how it turned out considering I had no idea what I was doing when I began!

(the fabric flowers were inspired by a .pdf pattern I bought on Etsy from SnazzieDrawers)

And the best part of my getup...my shoes! I LOVE them.


Matt and I had a blast with some great friends and danced the night away. My favorite quote of the night was when Tara found us on the dance floor and said "You guys are so cute! You are like Newlyweds!" YEP...11 years new.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars were raised for CHOC Hospital Saturday night. The Gala is something the Guild works on all year. Countless hours go into putting it together. The night was a beautiful success!

Heather's Baby Shower and Mother's Day were a blast too...still recuperating from our FULL weekend!! More pics to come soon.

7 comments:

Heather | Cookie Mondays said...

pure hauteness!

Ashley@The Vanilla Tulip said...

ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE all of it!!! Okay so pleaseee post a tutorial on how you made your necklace! It is absolutely fabulous!
And the shoes are to die for! Where did you find them?
Thanks for sharing the fabulousness... fun to look at on a Monday :)

Amy C said...

You looked beautimous! Love the necklace

LACY said...

You guys look amazing! I love the dress, LOVE the color, your shoes, your necklace...ONE HOT MAMA!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

You look gorgeous, Erin!! SRSLY - stunning!

Can't even get over that necklace! Pure yum!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAUT-IE!!!! You look awesome, love the dress, love the necklace, love the shoes! Loved seeing you on Saturday!

Cameron said...

Great Necklace....I woulda thought it was part of the dress if you didn't say otherwise!

Acting like Newlyweds after 11 years is allowed and one of the best parts about getting a night out with the Hubby! Congrats!

You looked stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...