Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Week of THANKS - Erin Graber

Ha! I bet this is the first time she's seen her name in print.
Or type.
Or whatever...you get what I mean.
OFFICIAL.

Toady I am excited to introduce you to my sister in law, Erin Graber! She, and Matt's brother, TJ, were married 2 weeks ago. Erin is one of the most down to earth, laid back, uber stylish, FUN persons I know.

The fact that her name is Erin, and she has unruly, curly hair
 (Matt calls me Mufasa when I wake up!)
made her my sister 8 years ago.

The fact that she can hang with our loud, obnoxious, crazy family...
make TJ smile inside and out...
(and make him write poetry!)
she run a half marathons...
births beautiful babies...
well, all those things and more have made her my sister for life!

She blogs too. About all things stylish. From window treatments to bottles. Wanescotting to burpcloths. Erin is my go-to girl for what's WHAT.  I hope you fall in love with her as easily as I did! Here are her answers to my "Thankful Questions"

How do you try and give thanks every day?
I make sure that I tell my family I love them everyday, no matter what. 

What do you take for granted that you might express more thanks for?
I would say life's everyday little moments that just become routine. Like that first moment in the morning when Taylor wakes up and we walk into her room. I love the little dance (really just kicking her legs and throwing her arms around) she does in her crib. Also, that last moment of the day when baby is sleeping and T.J. and I get a couple of hours to ourselves to just relax and watch our favorites on Tivo. 

What attributes do you posses that you are most thankful for? 
Patience, patience and more patience. I also appreciate the fact that I can laugh at things. There are good days and bad days, but somehow those bad days are a little less bad when you can find something to laugh about. 

Who has treated you with kindness or generosity, and how would you like to thank that person?

My mom :) She is the kindest and most generous person I know.  To this day, she will always make sure my sister and I (and now Granddaughter) are okay no matter what she is going through.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving Tradition?
I know this sounds boring, but just the fact that all of our family comes together at the same table for dinner and then we all eat way too much. One thing we did start doing a couple of years ago at my Aunts house, is to watch a movie after dinner. I hope to keep that up, it's the perfect way to wind down and all the grandparents can fall asleep on the sofa :)
 
Thank you Erin! I love you so much. I am so blessed to have another kindred spirit to call home and I pray we continue to grow closer as the years go by. You ARE my sister by heart. And your daughter is my gift. I could eat her up! 
Be sure and visit Erin's blog, Today and Yesterday! I guarantee you'll start redecorating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...