Friday, February 18, 2011

The Best Person I Know

My favorite person is 65 today.

Happiest of Birthdays Daddy!

You are the most caring, faithful, fun loving, smart, dedicated, hard working person I know. And the first boy I ever fell in love with! You are a shining example of the parent, Christian, spouse, friend, and community member I strive to be. Everyone who knows you loves you, respects you, and wants to be more like you. Whenever I come across someone who knew you before they met me, they have nothing but glowing expectations of what I will be like. Because of who you are. As a person. And to othersI have always been proud to say "that's my Dad." I have never once in my life questioned your love or unconditional support for me. Or your love and unconditional support for Mom. Those two things, I believe, make up a big part of who I am.   All my love to you, today and always!


June 1976,  Key West, Florida
Dad holding Me at about 3 months old. My parents were camping with Outward Bound teen boys considered to be "incorrigibles." My mom said "They loved Don!" I am not surprised. That they loved him. Or that he loved camping with "incorrigible" teen boys. 


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Happy birthday, Mr. Gregg! You are an exceptional man. I've always felt that way.

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

What a sweet post! happy birthday to you dad!

Jay said...

Awww, what a precious pic...you were so {wittle}! Happy B-day to your papa! ;-) P.S. Is he the one that concocted the Sunscreen Punch? Still need to try that...this summer FO SHO!

Amy said...

Oops! That was from me! ;-) Hate when I do that...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...