Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Card Shoot & Outtakes

My friend, Britain took the kids pictures for our Christmas card this year. It was the day before Thanksgiving and we had been hustling and bustling around that morning getting everyone "camera ready." Plus getting the house and food ready to host turkey dinner the next day. On our way to the shoot I promised them all Happy Meals and McFlurries if they would just be good sports, put up with all the "poses" Mommy wanted, and SMILE. All things considered, I think they did pretty well! Munch wasn't too inspired to take pics when we first started. But after a few shots that included his T-Rex...he was good to go!


This is the 3rd time we've recreated the shot below. 
I can't wait to keep adding to this collection over the years!
2011

2009
(picture taken by Tonya Joy)

2008
(picture taken by Tonya Joy)

The individual shots Britain got of the kids are so special. 
I think she captured their personalities as well as their beauty.






Funnily enough - the pictures I ended up using for our card weren't the ones with all the staging I had created. The wagon, the wreath, the burlap bunting.

This is one of my favorites of the girls. After this pic, Mateo and I have decided we need to get MollyB an agent! 




We had some fun with fake snow. The results of which made the back of our card. But here are a few individual close ups that I adore.



I am over the moon happy with how all these turned out. Britain has a true talent and I am so thankful to her for making time for us on her Thanksgiving break and for capturing the loves of my life with such care. If you are in Arizona and need your pictures taken, you MUST contact Britain Earl! She is a joy to be around and has a way of bringing out the best in her subjects. You can find her on Facebook too. And now...the end result. Our Christmas Card!

Front

Back

I used Picnik.com to create them and had them printed by Overnightprints.com. I was thrilled with the quality, look, feel and PRICE! I would highly recommend both sites to anyone.


I love Christmas cards. We fill our plate glass window in the dining room with them every year. At dinner we talk about the friends and family whose cards came that day and say a prayer for them. They are always the last of the "decorations" I take down. When everything else gets packed up on the 26th...I leave the cards up til after the New Year. So if you send us one...we really do love and appreciate it! 

11 comments:

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

LOVE!!!! I spy my card!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

I love your Christmas card, and was so excited to receive it (along with the BD soundtrack!!) Munchie is looking SO big!!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Gorgeous! Love your creativity!!!

JuliaVP said...

These are absolutely amazing! I love the outfits that you put together and the photography is quite fantastic!

Four Flights said...

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Jessica Johnson said...

the snowflakes!!! DYING. your kiddos are beautiful. and you are a rockstar for putting that all together last minute.

MISS YOU!!

meg duerksen said...

so cute!!
erin these are fabulous!

Erin Butson said...

Love these photos. they are priceless! & love the way you display your cards.

Unknown said...

such a beautiful card. way to go designing it, they look awesome!

{cuppakim} said...

i leave mine up forEVER too. i practically JUST took them down. i love seeing them.

you guys are a popular and well loved bunch. look at all those cards.

and your family is beautiful. and FUN.
what a cool mom to do a shoot with all of those thoughtful details - i can imagine when the kids are older and they look back they will just see SO much love in each picture. amazing erin! <3

Sandy Pettit said...

Erin, we LOVE your card - the kids are adorable - they got top rating among all our cards this year! Love you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...