Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Wacky Genius

My Kate is here. She's at UCLA for the next two weeks. Cause she's kinda smart. And super fabulous. And out of 450 applicants only 30 were chosen for THIS PROGRAM. Yep. She was one of 'em. Super. Fabulously. Smart. And fabulous. 

But that's beside the point. 
The point is, My Kate is here!!
And so the family met for breakfast at Mom & Dad's Sunday morning before she had to report to campus. Monday afternoon she texted me this picture.


I drove up to LA to meet Kate for dinner Monday night and we were giggling about it. She said "You know this means she remembered my password from 4 months ago...she's a genius. And super wacky!" 

I would have to completely agree.

So I grabbed Megan tonight and got some insight into my Wacky Genius. 
It's a variation on a tradition I have let slide...but want to get back to. 
I plan to ask Molly and Wyatt these questions soon, as well.


MJ in 2013 - in 25 Questions
1. What is your favorite color? Gold
2. What is your favorite toy? My Kindle
3. What is your favorite fruit? Pineapple
4. What is your favorite TV show? Full House
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Butter Noodles
6. What is your favorite outfit? An outfit Louis would like
(ummm....WHAT? Louis - as in the kid from One Direction. Lock this girl up now.)
7. What is your favorite game? Wii Resort
8. What is your favorite snack? a Clementine
9. What is your favorite animal? A penguin or an elephant
10. What is your favorite song? Rock Me - One Direction
11. What is your favorite book? Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
12. Who is your best friend? Karsen Doyel
13. What is your favorite sport? Soccer or Surfing
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Surfing or skateboarding
15. What is your favorite drink? Water
16. What is your favorite holiday? My birthday. Is that a holiday? I say yes.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My owl blanket and brown bear
18. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Sushi. Or Cinnamon Roll French Toast.
19. What do you want to be when you grow up? In NASA. Study space.
20. What is your favorite car? That car that Mr. Pence drives. (A Prius)
21. What is your favorite thing about school? I liked my teacher. (Mr. Jason Barney)
22. What is your favorite thing to do with Dad? Snuggle him and surf with him.
23. What is your favorite thing to do with Mom? Read books. Or cook.
24. What is your favorite thing about Molly? Mom. She's my sister. I love her but she makes me crazy.
25. What is your favorite thing about Wyatt? He's really funny.

Oh my MJ,
There are just too many memories that I wish I could capture. While I'm not the sort of parent that wishes you would always stay a kid...there are times I wish I could stop time. Or at least slow it down. I do want to savor and preserve specific memories of your childhood, unobstructed by the passing of time. I hope to look back on these posts many years from now (maybe you will too!) and have them form a crystal clear picture in my mind of what you were like at each stage of your life. You are so precious to me. I'm so proud to be your Mom. And I love that you are wacky. And I'm always gonna think you're a genius. Live loud. Love big. Never be anything less than YOU. I'm undoubtedly, unabashedly, always in your corner.
-Mom

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...