Thursday, September 05, 2013

Fun.

Rachel and I went to our Happy Place on Tuesday to see Fun. at The Greek.


I could wax poetic on how this adventure made my life...because of who I was with, where we went, what we ate and drank, who we got to see, what I got to hear and feel...but I'm gonna let the pictures do the talking instead. 

Rach and I start all of our shenanigans with coffee and aliases. But this time we decided to forgo the caffeine and opted for frozen yogurt. It's easier on our bladders when combined with mid-week, afternoon LA traffic!

We made better time than we expected, so we hit up one of our favorite spots for some dinner before the show. 

(are you as obsessed with my new shoes as I am?
MollyB calls them my Justin Bieber shoes!)


After dinner we parked at a friend's house and made the trek up the hill to the theater. We thought we were being so smart...saving on parking and enjoying a short walk up a iconic, tree lined street on a beautiful night in Los Feliz. BUT HECK IT WAS HOT! By the time we got in our seats we were dripping with sweat. So we took a pic of our feet instead of our faces. (Told you I was obsessed with my shoes.)


Indie, tattooed, short haired, twin sisters who write angsty breakup songs, play the guitar and harmonize like Spring fairies whilst also rocking like the fierce, brave women they are?
Yes. I'm a little bit obsessed with them too.

(all the awesome, close up, crisp and clear pics of the concert were taken by my friend, Steve, who was in the pit with his daughter that night. So jealous. But so happy, since he so kindly shared his captures!)

(these are more indicative of our seats and my iphone camera!)


Yes. Rachel and I jumped up and down, held hands, and sang every word (sometimes to each other.) It was like a 2 for 1 concert for us, being that we love T&S as much as Fun. I think the people directly behind us were a little annoyed...but we quickly let that go.

And then Fun. came on.
In tuxedos.
And the whole place went a little nuts.

Nate

Jack

Andrew


Nate has so much energy it's ridiculous.

They all do, actually. By the end of the night there was a broken guitar and a smashed up piano and Rachel and I were still debating if Jack was really wearing shorts with tights. 

When they performed The Gambler it was so heartfelt and amazing, it made me tear up and I had to sit down and just take it all in. If you don't know this song, give it a listen. The lyrics slay me. It's about Nate's parents...

"I swear when I grow up I won't just buy you a rose
I will buy the flower shop, and you will never be lonely
For even if the sun stops waking up over the fields
I will not leave, I will not leave 'til it's our time
So just take my hand, you know that I will never leave your side"



BUT THEN...
whoa.
But then,
the first few notes of Carry On played.
And I freaked.
Like this...in my chair.


Rachel looked down at me with wide eyes that said,
"Are you going to be okay?!"
I leapt to my feet and grabbed a hold of her arm.
And sighed a good eleventy trillion times.
In between singing all the lyrics.
And staving off my chills.


It was glorious. I can't even put it into words.
But it was over too fast.
I can't even tell you what they sang next because I was trying to relive the last 4 minutes and 34 seconds of my life over and over.
When they came back on for the encore, I said to Rach,
"I think they must want to play Carry On one more time. Yes?"

But no...they closed with Some Nights.
Which was perfection.
The entire place was on their feet.
And I think you can tell by our faces we had (fun.)


I love you, Rach! I am so blessed to have you in my life.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We are my favorite. May we still be enjoying our shenanigans 50 years from now with our walkers. Thank you for being my person. xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...