Thursday, September 25, 2014

Picture Day 2014

"I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, really ridiculously good looking." -Derek Zoolander

It was picture day at the kids' school today. Picture day STRESSES ME OUT!! More than the first day of school, or the Jog-A-Thon or even the Holiday Program. Why, you might ask? Because I have been THAT MOM. The one without Picture Day anywhere on her radar. The one who sends her kids to school looking like hobos - messy hair, wearing last season's day-glo soccer jersey, sporting this morning's jelly still on their cheeks. Yep. That's been me. Now I set three reminders on my phone and leave sticky notes all over the house to help me remember. These photos get handed out to relatives, friends, classmates...and don't forget those awesome yearbooks either! School picture day isn't a day you want to forget. 

This year, I asked Wyatt to practice his smile for me. He is missing THREE of his front teeth and is not fond of showing off the gaps. But as his mother, I really wanted that toothless grin documented! We tried a few times the last night - because let's face it - the whole picture taking process can feel rushed and uncomfortable, right? Remember the drill? Wait in line with your form. Step up to the box made of masking tape. Sit on the stool. SMILE! Flash. It's over. I was hoping that with a little beforehand practice, I might be able to get a genuine smile to shine through on Munch's face in this year's pic.

When I dropped them off at school this morning, I asked for one picture with the smiles there were gonna use in their pictures later today. This is what I got:
 I call his face "Grumpy Blue Steel." I can't wait to see the real thing. The girls look darling, and ever more sophisticated. Love them. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...