Friday, August 18, 2006

What a Difference a Year Makes

For a little girl who only had a few words at 2...Megan is talking up a storm at 3. It's a wonder I ever worried that she'd learn to talk. She makes me laugh everyday with the things that come out of her mouth, such as:
"Mom, you're talking too loud, my baby doll is sleeping!"
"I'm sick of all this stuff" (referring to all the laundry on the floor)
"Dad, come look at my poops!"
"I'm three so I'll eat three bites, then I'm done." (when I tell her to finish her dinner)

Ahhhh....and she can READ too (well, kinda) Yesterday we were at a restaurant and I took Megan to the bathroom. I was looking behind me to make sure she was following and not paying attention to the door I was opening. I took her by the hand and led her inside. She gave me a funny look and said, "Mom, why are we going in the boys one?" Shocked, I turned around to see a wall full of urinals (luckily no men) and laughed. As we quickly exited, Megan told me with scorn in her voice, "Mommy, the girls one has the lady in the dress on it!" I'm glad she cleared that up for me!

Molly's new words this week: baby, bear, Coke, bee, up, down, out, off, shoe, baba (which she uses for both bottle and milk), owie, and Rella (Cinderella)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...