Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Night Lights

Newport plays Long Beach Poly tonight. LB is ranked #2 in California and #7 in the USA! They have sent more players to the NFL than any other high school in the nation. So needless to say, the odds are stacked against us. Our JV team played theirs yesterday and kept them to only 15 points - a small victory for the Defense. Let's hope we can do the same tonight on Varsity... and that we can get some points of our own up on the board to win this game! No one is expecting us to win. And I always love the underdog!

Here are some pics from last week's game. 

The Mom of one of Matt's players gave me this onesie last Fall when Wyatt was born. He's finally big enough to wear it - just in time to be Newport's Littlest Fan.
Megan and Molly are big fans too. I think they love the special treatment they get having a coach for a Daddy.
Especially when it means front row center seats to the cheerleaders and getting to go on the field for the half time show! 
The girls know that a Loss means the team marches straight off the field - no socializing. So when we win, they are the first to race onto the grass and find Daddy for a Victory hug!

Here's hoping we get to go on the field tonight!

Other news: I am blogging from my  new iBook...and loving it! So exciting. 
Wyatt's First Birthday is Sunday! Looking forward to a weekend of celebration.

2 comments:

Aubs said...

FUN!! I have many many fond memories of friday night lights myself!! I was on the dance team in high school and my life pretty much revolved around those friday night lights!! GOOD LUCK tonight!! I'll be cheering for you guys from afar!!

Love said...

so, so fun! you guys are all so stinkin' cute...and i'm so in love with megan's smile. i, too, have wonderful friday night football memories as a cheerleader....and those precious, little, adoring girls made it awful fun, too. =)
hope you got to rush the field tonight! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...