Monday, November 03, 2008

A Mouse, A Jedi, and a Girl from Kansas

"Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold."
~Judith Olney

Even tho Daddy had to coach (Newport won, 35-6) and Wyatt had a fever, Halloween was great fun this year. The girls were really into their costumes. Megan has had her heart set on Dorothy for awhile. A few months back, my Dad was rummaging through the garage and came across some old costumes from when my siblings and I were little. One was a blue gingham shirt and skirt I had worn in a school play in the 5th grade. They immediately reminded Megan of Dorothy, but were too big for her - so I took the costume home and went to work with my scissors, seam ripper and sewing machine. Megan was quite pleased with the outcome, as was I - and Grammie even dyed some white socks blue to match! (Because Megan is almost as obsessive as me, and wanted her costume exactly like Dorothy's picture on the video cover!)


Of course, my obsessive self (Laura you know me so well) had grand plans of having Wyatt be the Lion and Molly the Witch. But Molly wasn't buying it. Good, Wicked or otherwise - she wanted nothing to do with being a witch. Her heart was set on Minnie Mouse. I think MAYBE it had something to do with the yellow, sparkly pumps we found at the Disney Store. She sat so still while I painted her cute little face. I was very impressed with her patience! All night long she kept asking me "Mom, is my face still on!"


Wyatt was a trooper - even with a fever, he humored me and kept his Yoda ears on long enough for a few pictures.
While GG and Grammie stayed home to pass out candy, Papa and I took the kids Trick or Treating. Megan and Molly seriously got the concept - and ran from house to house, leaving me and Papa Don in the dust.

Papa carried Wyatt along the Trick or Treat route and he hung in there for most of it. Wyatt has learned that Mommy takes LOTS of pictures - and the sooner you smile, the sooner it's over! So he's started to make a funny face every time I hold up the camera. He scrunches up his eyes and nose and shows his teeth. I am guessing it's his form of "cheese!"

About 3 houses from home, he gave in and put his head down on my shoulder. But once we got back to Grammie and Papa's house, the girls gave him a sucker and he more than rallied!Once back at the house, Molly and Megan helped pass out candy. I think Molly may have had more fun giving than getting! She (and Hooley - my parent's Corgy) greeted each kid with a smiling face and fast wagging tail! Molly kept yelling to her sister "Megan, Quick! We have more customers!" everytime a new trick-or-treater would come up the front steps.


Bringing Up Burns had a fabulous Halloween and we hope you did too! Come back soon to find out who won the Sneak Peek Giveaway! BOO!Every post in the month of November is going to end with a reason I am Thankful.
Today I am Thankful for the rain. It has blessed us with cooler temperatures, finally! It almost feels like Fall. Thank You God for Rain.

4 comments:

LauraC said...

Glad you guys had a great Halloween! I can't believe I missed Yoda!!

Tonya said...

Adorable costumes...and your kiddos are all so gorgeous! Looks like you guys had soooo much fun...

xoxo

Tonya

Joanna said...

Whoa, those costumes were awesome!

Libby said...

Looks like a successful night!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...