Thursday, November 06, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Lacy Franke

Giving thanks for one's blessings on Thanksgiving is traditional. Feeling grateful every day is an attitude and a way of experiencing life. One of my goals is to cultivate this attitude in myself and my children more and more. What better way to learn how to do this, than from some of you? Daily readers I admire so much!

Today begins "Thankful Thursdays" at Bringing Up Burns. Each Thursday in the month of November we will meet a new, awesome woman who is working hard to keep Thanksgiving in her heart and home all year through. Some of them I know personally, some are family, some are my blogging buddies. All of them I consider friends.


Today I am proud to introduce Lacy Franke. I first met Lacy over 10 years ago when we were both dating Wagner College football players long distance. Me in California, Lacy in Utah....Matt and Carl in Staten Island, NY. We both survived our long distance romances and married as soon as our boys moved home. Carl and Lacy came to California for a visit and stayed with Matt and me one Summer. It was great fun.

Since then - 4 kids have entered the picture. Our 3 and Carl and Lacy's CJ. CJ is a daily walking, talking, living, breathing reminder to be thankful. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor just 15 days shy of his 2nd birthday. You can read more about CJ's battle HERE. Today he is a rough and rowdy 5 year old who just started Kindergarten. He is healthy, full of energy and getting ready to welcome a baby sister this December!

Discovering how to live Thankfully everyday are lessons learned throughout a lifetime, not merely discussions we have at Thanksgiving dinner. And it is my belief that children learn best by example! So I asked Lacy a few questions about how she keeps Thanksgiving all year through. It's my hope that these questions (and each woman's answers) can help us all make giving thanks an integral, daily part of our lives. Come back each Thursday to meet someone new and learn more ways to live Thankfully everyday!


How do you try and give thanks every day?
We try to live each day and appreciate everything we have. Be thankful for our son's health and never take that for granted.

What do you take for granted that you might express more thanks for?

The current riches we enjoy.

What attributes do you posses that you are most thankful for?

An appreciative heart.

Who has treated you with kindness and generosity, and how would you like to thank that person?

My husband and my Parents. Naming our children after them.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?

We try to play games or watch a movie after we eat. Just all hanging out together is the best!

*Thanks Lacy for being my Guinea Pig! I hope you had fun!*
CLICK HERE to read Lacy's blog - "Franke Flash"

And because I can't leave a good thing well enough alone - I've decided to post a Thanksgiving Recipe on Haute Plates every Thursday in November as well! CLICK HERE to make my Mom's yummy Creamed Corn.

Today I am Thankful for Lacy. She has taught me to live in the moment and to cherish my children's daily accomplishments. To be thankful for their health. I enjoy her positive outlook on life and her witty sense of humor. I admire her marriage and her faith. I am thankful for her friendship. Thank You God for Lacy!

2 comments:

Aubs said...

What a fantastic idea!! I love this! Sometimes i need a little reminder to be mindfully thankful every day.

Lacy sounds like a wonderful friend and she and her family are beautiful!

Joanna said...

Thank you for that inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...