Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Meme

Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper - with big, colorful, real-ribbon bows and homemade gift tags. (Which makes me think, I should be wrapping, not blogging!)

Real tree or Artificial? REAL. I'm still campaigning to go cut one down...maybe next year!

When do you put up the tree? First weekend in December

When do you take the tree down? December 26th

Do you like eggnog? Yes, If I make it. Not a big fan of store bought. Martha's recipe is a little labor intensive, but it's the best one I've found. I use Knob Creek bourbon. YUM.

Favorite gift received as a child? Teddy Ruxpin (who is apparently making a comeback. Just saw him for sale at Costco....and did you know there is a Teddy Ruxpin Blog? Crazy.)

Hardest person to buy for? siblings

Easiest person to buy for? the kids, they love everything. And I love giving it to them.

Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it's "Little People" and gets played with everyday.

Mail or email Christmas cards? CARDS. Every year since we've been married. Each year I put one in a book for each kid to have when they grow up. It is fun to see our family grow.

Favorite Christmas Movie? ELF - crack me up. "Santa, I KNOW HIM!"

When do you start shopping for Christmas? Mentally in September - but not usually till late November.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? hmm....I don't think so.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Mom's Huevos Rancheros on Christmas morning.

Lights on the tree? Can never have too many. We have white and colored.

Favorite Christmas Song? Santa Baby, O Holy Night, Winter Wonderland

Travel at Christmas or stay home? Dorothy had it right. There's no place like HOME.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? If I sing it.

Open presents on Christmas Eve or Morning? One on Christmas Eve. It's always flannel jammies. The rest Christmas morning, after stockings.

Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That it starts around October 20th. Something about Santa in the mall at the same time as Jack o' Lanterns turns me into the GRINCH.


Favorite ornament theme or color? For the past few years I have been into whimsical colors and themes. Red, Pink, Turquoise, Lime Green. Example: the wreath on our front door.

Favorite Christmas dinner? Anything home cooked and shared with family.

If you had to choose, presents or stocking? Stocking. More interesting. And good things come in small packages!

TAG, YOUR IT!

1 comment:

LACY said...

CUTE! I loved your card too. Don't ya just love the holidays.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...