Monday, December 08, 2008

Merry Mondays - week 2


Today I am proud to introduce Britain Earl. Britain and I went to high school together. She and her husband Jason have three precious little girls, Anna, Maddie, and Avery. I have always admired Britain's heart. It is evident in how she lives, that family - the one she comes from as well as the one she is building - is important to her. She is always sweet and kind, thoughtful and intentional. It is no surprise to me that she has 50 friends' houses to bless with Christmas Cheer this year. Britain's heart makes you want to be her friend! I asked Britain what her favorite family Christmas tradition was and here is what she shared:

Since we are a relatively young family, we have spent the last 5 Christmases blending family traditions as well as starting new ones. But I have to say our family favorite is thinking up and delivering a special treat to each of our friends and neighbors. The first years, we made Christmas cookies, but since then, our circle of friends has grown tremendously and to be honest, I just can't bake that many cookies! So we've gotten creative. (CLICK HERE to see what we did last year!) I'm not sure what we'll deliver this year, but I do know that we'll visit over 50 homes. We are very grateful to be surrounded by the love of friends and family, and sharing the Christmas spirit with those we love is our favorite Earl family tradition!

Thanks Britain for sharing your tradition! I loved what you delivered last year and can't wait to see what you do this year. I currently bake cookies for everyone we know too - and it does get a little daunting. I just might have to "steal" your Merry and Sprite idea! CLICK HERE to read Britain's "Earl Family Blog." Merry Monday!

PS - I'm on the hunt for a great Snickerdoodle cookie recipe for Haute Plates. Anyone have one?

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Here are my snickerdoodle cookies, not sure where I got them. VERY important to cook for 11 min or less to make sure they are chewy. I almost always end up using most cinnamon/sugar mix than the recipe calls for.

And no, they don't taste the same if you use butter. I think the margarine helps give it them the smoothness you want out of snickerdoodles.

1 cup margarine
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 ¾ cup sifted flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cream of tartar
½ tsp baking soda
(2 tsp sugar + 2 tsp cinnamon) – mix

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs. Sift rest and mix. Shape into balls, roll in cinnamon mix. Bake 350F, 11 minutes.

(I use walnut-shaped balls for the cooking time above.)

(Oh yeah I'm making buttloads of buckeyes this week. My fave holiday treat of ALL TIME.)

Libby said...

Good to "see" Britain and get an update. That is the most perfect christening gown I have ever seen!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...