Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day




It's become tradition in our family to hit the beach on Father's Day. Which is quite apropos since I would venture to say Family and the Beach are Matt's top two favorite things. It was a gorgeous day and the kids had a blast digging and building in the sand with Daddy.


Everytime we are at the ocean, the kids love finding sand crabs. Once we even took a bucket full of them home as "pets." (My intention was to have Matt take them back the next morning when he went surfing...) But he forgot, and after a day, they STUNK! So we just visit our sandy pets now. No more bringing them home!



Every year on Father's Day, I try to snap this picture. It's fun to see kids hands grow, but still fit in his. I hope they always know Daddy is there when they need a hand!


Matthew, I love you so much. You are an amazing Father and you seem to do it with ease. The woman and mother I am has been immeasurably influenced by the man and father you are. Our children are blessed (and I am thankful!) we have you to celebrate.

1 comment:

Heather | Cookie Mondays said...

fun, fun, fun!!
sandcrabs are our fave.
last time we went to santa cruz, there were MILLIONS of babies swimming alongshore. so cute.
love the hand shot!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...