Saturday, September 10, 2011

10 on 10: September 2011 (and InstaFriday on Saturday)

I'm over the moon excited for Blog Sugar in a couple weeks.
For the community, for the fellowship, for the fun, for the sweets!
But most of all, for the 48 hours I will spend with girlfriends
(old and new)
I would have never known if not for a silly little obsession
of keeping a weB-LOG.
These are my peeps.


There are a couple "blogging trends" I'm participating in today
that distinctly make me think of two of these girls.


InstaFriday
"Take pics of the sweet, funny, random moments of your day and then paint a picture" 


and 


10 on 10.
10 pictures on the 10th day of the month
{Document a snapshot of your life and find beauty among the ordinary things}


So here I go.
10 on 10 Instagramed pictures of a day in the life of Bringing Up Burns.

We woke to rain and THUNDER in the OC.




This might not seem like much to some.
But rain in SoCal is always a treat.
Thunder? It's akin to Turkish Delight.
Here, the drops of enchanting sweetness captured in our pool.

Rain or Shine...we had 3 soirees to attend today.
Good thing I love kids.
And parties!

Somewhere amid the hub bub,
I noticed something wasn't quite right with Munchie's do.
First he tried to blame it on our neighbor.
Then, after some stern Momma eyebrows...
and assurances that no one was mad, no one was in trouble...
as long as someone told the truth,
he miraculously had an epiphany.

"I think maybe, actually, I might have sorta, by mistake, done that myself.
But I don't remember."

Uh huh...







When the mail came,
Momma forgot all about scissors trending in the Burns household.
Because with mail came more smiles and sweetness!
Pen Pal Love.
This girl was giggling with excitement.

By mid-afternoon we were two parties down with one to go.
And we were tuckered out!
Times 1.

Times 2.

Times 3.

Times 4!!

(those last 4 pics all count as 1, okay?!)
But no sleep for Momma.
I was in the kitchen making Heirloom tomato and goat cheese tarts.
Hello yummmm!

BBQ with friends.
Dads grilling.
Moms chilling.
Kids filling...
paper pages with glitter and glue, paste and paint!

Time for my favorite indulgence ever.
This girl will take goat cheese over chocolate, anyday!

The night ended with the sweetest (nail biting) victory ever!
The last 20 seconds of regulation in this game pretty much DEFINE why I love football.


ten on ten button



life rearranged




1 comment:

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Fun!! I can't wait to hang out with you, my friend!! And I agree - goat cheese over chocolate any day of the week. We went to a wine festival last weekend and there was an artisinal goat cheese stand sampling twelve different types. I tried them all but since tony the $ monitor was with me I could only take home one ;)

xxoxox!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...