Wednesday, March 05, 2014

ObSEUSSed!

"Today you are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!" -Dr. Seuss


It's Read Across America Week :: aka Dr. Seuss' Birthday - and all week the kids' school is celebrating reading and Dr. Seuss in creative ways. Monday they dressed in red and white, Tuesday they wore funny socks. Today kids were to come to school dressed as their favorite book character. So last night I got to working on some "costumes" and thought it would be fun if they woke up to a Seussical Breakfast. Believe it or not - this is all set up with stuff that my mom or I already had. Our garages may be chock FULL...but we are pros at recycling our stuff! 


"A person's a person, no matter how small." -Dr. Seuss


"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -Dr. Seuss

  
As I was digging through my party supplies, I came across this neon orange hat I had bought for Molly's Glow in the Dark Birthday, but never wore. I knew Wyatt wouldn't want to wear a full costume - so I came up with an idea. A little felt and some googley eyes and it's The Lorax! He LOVED it! I was so happy.


When the kids woke up, I told them "There is a surprise for you in the dining room!" They all ran out to see what it was. Megan looked confused and asked, "What is this for?" And I replied, "For you! I just thought it would be fun to have a Dr. Seuss breakfast this morning before school." She laughed and said, "Mom! You are so crazy. This looks like a 3 year old's birthday party...not breakfast!" hahahaha.


Perfect example of how quickly my OCD can take over. I made these One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish jello cups at 1:30am last night...cause they were totally necessary for BREAKFAST?! 


Our neighbor Maggie joined the fun, as she was Thing 1 to Molly's Thing 2 - and showed up with donuts. I quickly scrambled some eggs and almost made them GREEN...but all the kids looked at me like I was insane when I suggested that idea! 


Munch makes a pretty cute Lorax if I do say so myself. 


"You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" -Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...