Monday, November 10, 2008

Outed by Enzyte

Matt gets up before all of us. He usually turns on Sports Center and has a few minutes to himself before the rest of the house begins to stir. Megan is usually up next. Matt starts a TiVo'd show for her and them jumps in the shower. I usually drag my tired bum out of bed whenever Molly and Wyatt wake up. (Do you wake up rested? Because I don't. It may have something to do with my bedtime, but I digress.) On a good, quiet morning, Molly and Wyatt sleep until right before Matt leaves for work. About 7AM. I wake them up if they are still sleeping - because NO ONE wants to deal with a sad, grumpy Molly who didn't get to say goodbye to her Daddy!

One morning last week, Matt had left for work and the kids and I were eating breakfast. The show the girls had been watching was paused on the television. I told them they could start it back up after they got dressed and while I finished the breakfast dishes. Somewhere in this span of time, their show must have ended and Sports Center come back on. Because Molly came to me in the kitchen and said:

"Mom - Santa is on TV - but he's not Santa. He is just a GUY!" And I was like..."What?" So I walked over to the TV to see what she was talking about. Suddenly it all made sense. An Enzyte commercial was playing and Crazy Smiling Bob was dressed as Santa. "See Mom! Santa is really just a GUY!" Molly kept saying.

Really!? My child's visions of sugarplums are being shattered by a Male Enhancement commercial? I don't think so! I quickly played it off that this was a silly man, just dressing up for a party. The REAL Santa was in the North Pole working hard at making toys for sweet girls and boys. (This last part being of utmost importance, since we have been using it as leverage lately, reminding them girls about good behavior!) I quickly changed the channel. Molly looked at me skeptically, but I think she bought it.



Today I am Thankful for my Friday Park Lunch Buddies. Carolina, Laura, Stacie, Keri, Susan and many more. These woman are such a great sounding board for me. I love their sweet children who play so nicely with my own, and I enjoy talking and laughing with them about motherhood in this town. Their friendship gives me encouragement, strength and a sense of humor to keep juggling along. Thank you God for my Ladies Who Lunch - on Fridays at the Park!

3 comments:

Love said...

oh, i'm cracking up. love that the commercial that almost shattered your little girl's dreams was for male enhancement none the less!!! so funny. =)

Joanna said...

Holey Moley! I didn't know what that was until I watched the commercial! That is an interesting juxtoposition- male enhancements and Santa Claus.

keri olson said...

I'm thankful for you and your blog and your adorable Megan who is the cutest thing ever! You inspire me so much!xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...