Friday, May 01, 2009

One More Thing

Monday through Thursday I operate with 6 kids under 5 in my home, usually without many hiccups. Then on Fridays, no daycare kids - just my 3, but so much to get accomplished to enjoy our weekend and get ready to start it all over on Monday! So it seems that Fridays are my "easiest," but also craziest day of the week!

And of course Fridays is the day I have chosen to do my weekly Blog Series post. That's just like me. The more on my plate, usually the better I function and the more I accomplish. This morning however, I am running late.

Being late is a common occurrence in my life. I usually try and do that "one more thing" I think I have time for and it always makes me a smidge late. Just minutes, but late nonetheless. This drives my husband crazy. He's notoriously on time.

This morning I'm running late because I went to see Grease last night with girlfriends! It was great fun. (Taylor Hicks was at best AVG as Teen Angel, imho...but he redeemed himself at the end when he performed one of his own songs.) After Grease, I came home and caught up on Survivor and then went to bed. No normal nightly "picking up" routine for me.

So, now I'm running late because I'm scrambling to clean before the cleaning lady comes. Do you do this? This also drives my husband crazy! But I don't want to pay her to pick up my kids toys or do my dishes. I want her to change my beds, mop my floors and scrub my toilets! I can handle the toys.

Date Your Mate Friday will be up later this afternoon. Later, when I can blog with a clean mind in a clean house! Maybe I should post about Partner Pet Peeves....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! i love me a good pet peeve!

Libby said...

Ha ha! We only have a cleaning lady every two weeks but I often wonder what would take over the house first if we didn't have to do the pre-cleaning lady "clean up" every other week!!

Cara said...

I ALWAYS clean before my cleaning lady comes. That way I can tell what she really did! Otherwise a good straightening-up can throw me for a decent cleaning job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...